Delta Careers College in Warri, Delta State is in crisis over revelations of an illicit sexual relationship between a 35-year old teacehr and a 9-year old pupil of the school.
The revelations came to light Tuesday at the school premises. The suspect, simply identified as Godwin, a teacher of Fine Arts at the school is already cooling his heels in the police cell.
Police Public Relations Officer in Delta State Command, Mr. Charles Muka, confirmed the report in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Sunday afternoon. He said the suspect is at the “A” Police Division while investigation is on.
But the victim’s mother Grace (surnames withheld), who also confirmed the report, accused the school authority of attempting to put a lid on the scandal, saying some top official allegedly threatened to deal with her for reporting the incident to the police.
Narrating her account Grace said, “On Tuesday, my baby went to school (Delta Careers) at about 7:30am. She was supposed to be back by 6:00pm because the closes at 4:00pm, while the lesson closes by 5:30pm.”
However, the distraught mother told our correspondent that on the fateful day her daughter did not show up as she was wont to do, a development that threw her (mother) into panic.
A call to the lesson teacher, who is also a staff of the college, revealed that the child did not attend lesson on that day.
“I became very worried and was going about looking for her when I got a call from one of the teachers in the school. He told me that my daughter was with him – that was about 7pm – I was very angry and I asked him how can you keep my daughter till 7pm.”
She, however, went to the school, picked up her daughter and took her home, apparently unawares of what had purportedly transpired between the teacher and her child.
“When we got home, I asked her (daughter) to go and take her bath, but when she took off her pant I saw tissue paper on her bum. I was shocked; I quickly laid her down and examined her. To my greatest surprise, I found that my daughter was wide open and there was sore all over her!”
Grace said she took the child to the Warri General Hospital , where a Dr. (Mrs.) Oghale examined her. The examination confirmed her worst fears that her 9-year-old daughter had lost her virginity.
Curiously though, she said the child refused to disclose the man responsible for the bestial act because she (daughter) said she was afraid her that he would deal severely with her if she revealed his name.
“She said she would only reveal the name of the person in the police station where she was sure that she could be protected against the anger of her defiler. So we took her to the “A” Division, where she disclosed that it was the Fine Arts teacher who was with her when I went to pick her up that evening,” Grace told our correspondent.
Attempts to get the proprietor of Delta Careers College , Mr. E.E. Ukeredi to comment on the report proved abortive as he refused to take our correspondent’s call: a text message inquiry was yet to be replied at press time on Sunday.
IJAW, ITSEKIRI SPAR OVER POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS
-
There could be fresh possible break down of law and order resulting to
ethnic crisis between the Ijaws of Egbema Kingdom and the Itsekiri in Warri
North lo...
17 years ago