A sex scandal has hit the College of Education Warri, Delta State, after a staff of the institution was caught literally pant down with a female student, Ms Joyce Sidi.
Sidi said the the lecturer, a Mr. Akpohwohwo allegedly being harassing for sex.
She reportedly set up the lecturer after he allegedly refused to allow her graduate because of her refusal of his sex advances.
The alleged victim, Miss Joyce Sidi, was admitted in 2001/2002 session and she is yet to graduate: she blamed her fate on her refusal of alleged sexual overtures from some lecturers of the institution.
However, our correspondent gathered that a lecturer at the Religion and Social Studies Department, identified as Mr. Felix Akpowovwo, may have become the scapegoat after the lady set her up.
He was caught naked with the lady at a hotel located in Marine Quarters area of Warri.
It was gathered that Sidi had earlier informed some top officials of the institution as well as a reverend father of Akpowovwo’s alleged overtures after which she plotted his ‘downfall’.
“He told me that if I would go out with him my result and graduation would be guaranteed, that he is the god of CRS (Christian Religious Studies) and that his words are law,” Joyce Sidi told our correspondent.
The 27-year old student further revealed that the lecturer then asked her to move to an hotel in the area, where he usually took other students to adding, “He said I should pay the hotel bill and get back to him.”
But she said she took a step further by informing her spiritual father, who advised her on how to handle the lecturer.
“After I paid the bill, I called my spiritual father and informed him that we were about to move into the room, I told him the room number and he assured me that he would be there at the time.”
Thinking he had finally gotten his heart desire, it was gathered that the randy lecturer took off his cloths and jumped into bed expecting the lady to join him.
Rather than following suit, Sidi reportedly opened the door and let in an official of the college (names withheld), who came in with the reverend father.
But in his version of the story, Akpowovwo who was contacted by our correspondent, denied coercing the lady to have sex with him, saying the incident, which occurred on 29th of July, was by mutual consent.
He said, “I did not force the girl to the hotel. Beside, I am not the cause of her failure am not her lecturer; she was attracted to me. I asked her for outing, she accepted; she called me on the phone and she even chose the hotel.”
He said it was the student who offered to go with him to the hotel; contrary to Sidi’s claim that he coaxed her into the rendezvous at the hotel.
Consequently, he said, “I did not see anything wrong loving a girl that is not married. I spoke to the girl and she offered to pay part of the hotel bill. I did not force her to the hotel, when has it become a crime for a man to take the girl to hotel?”
Sidi, who spoke with our correspondent on the fall out of the plot, insisted that she wanted Mr. Akpowovwo to be used as a lesson to teach lecturers and other staff of the institution that young girls in the school are there to learn and not to be harassed.